Sunday, January 06, 2008

2008 vs 28

So fast, I will be living for 28 years on Mother Earth.
A friend had asked me whether I have any birthday wish.
To me, birthday has became less exciting. Not that I will grow taller, become prettier but I am aging day by day.
More challenges and more responsibility to make me tougher and wiser everyday.

I had made a new year wish instead of birthday wish.
To me a wish that I make 7 days later will not be any much different from a new year wish.

I wished to be financially free, and be able to enjoy the learning curves everyday.
I also wished to have more time for my family and to look after them while I could.

When my boss announced my resignation from my current job to the department colleagues last Friday, they were so shocked. Even when there were a restructuring in the company, I could not be the one affected. Yet, I had make my decision to move to another ground for a new beginning. My boss thought I should stay on and take up the managerial post. They said a not so young yet not very old single lady like me who does not have family should not think too much about the distance to work but should consider the career advancement that company is providing. I knew it was partly true but many things had happened and I choose to be reachable to my parents.

4 comments:

  1. Haha.. May Yee, since when you also read my blog.
    Welcome and happy new year to you too!

    May your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you going? Not in KL anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:07 PM

    hope u make the right choice..should be too bad la..stepping stone for higher pay check is the key.

    bro bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah, I hope I can go to Labuan but I am going to Bangi.
    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete